2nd MakeHerWet smmrmixtape! This mixtape is about surfing. It's about the feeling when you're out there at the point-break, alone, waiting for the perfect wave, paddling, watching how they're coming, paddling more, standing up & enjoying the moment!
This mix is not like the "classic surfmusic" you expect, it's more a newer art of surfmusic i'd tried to compile. There are a few genres which I think can represent this new surfmusic, like lo-fi, psychedelic, and this new hype-genres "chill-wave". But there are also some songs which are just about the theme surfing and don't have something similar with this genres.
So no Beach Boys, Hawaiian Music or things like that (except for the last track), more fresh, good surftunes! Just let the magic of this "new" surfmusic touch you!
More words and Infos on my Blog.
Now it's up to you: watch it, feel it, grabb it, stream it, like it, surf it!
- Uzi & Ari - Mountain/Molehill
- Al-Berto & The Fried Bikinis - Dive
- Surf Punks - Locoals Only
- Air - Surfing On A Rocket (Joakim To The Smiling Sun Remix)
- Surfer Blood - Neighbour Riffs
- The Drums- Let's Go Surfing
- The Go-Betweens - Surfing Magazines
- Coconut Records - West Coast
- Surf City - Headin' Inside
- The Crafmen Club - To The Surface
- The Drums - Submarine
- Toro Y Moi - 109
- Surf City - Records of a Flagpole Skater
- Wavves - Surf Goths
- Superchunk - Learned to Surf (Acoustic Demo)
- Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss
- BLK JKS - Paradise
- Astrolabe - Atlantic Surf
- Fool's Gold - Surprise Hotel
- Neon Indian - Deatbeat Summer
- The Tornadoes - Bustin'Surfboards